How to re-vamp a marble plastered pool
In this section, you will find the suggested weber.cote Pool Paint application techniques.
- Prepare a solution of 1 part of hydrochloric acid and 3 parts of water in a plastic bucket. Put the water in the bucket first and then add the acid while stirring. Be sure to wear gloves and eye protection.
- Apply the acid mix to the surface using a blockbrush.
- Scrub the surface vigorously using a wire brush and flush with clean water. Leave to dry for at least 3 hours.
- Remove high spots and calcium build-up using 80 grit sandpaper. Be sure to remove any loose materials.
- The surface should be very rough to the touch. If this is not the case, repeat the acid washing procedure described above.
- Brush and vacuum the entire surface to remove dust and debris. Dust on the surface will impede the adherence of the weber.cote Pool Paint. Mask all areas where there is a risk of splashing and staining and where straight edges are required.
- The use of a mixing spindle attached to an electric drill is recommended to ensure proper mixing.
- Pour the liquid into the drum.
- Slowly add the powder from the plastic bag while stirring. The mixture should be smooth with no lumps . A small amount of water may be added if required.
Application method and curing
Start the application at the deep-end of the pool with one person per side. Paint the walls first and then the floor.
- weber.cote Pool Paint is a 2 coat application. The first coat is applied by soft bristle brush and the second coat by sheepskin roller. Both coats must be applied on the same day.
- Dip the paintbrush into the mixture and brush the surface liberally. Be sure to fill small holes and indentations.
- Apply the first coat in one continuous operation to avoid dry joints. Do not stop and start. Do not patch. Leave to dry for at least 3 hours.
- Apply the second coat using a sheepskin roller. Ensure that the first coat is properly covered.
- Remove masking tape and clean mosaics, etc.
- Leave the completed pool to air-cure for 6 days. In case of rain during this period, remove any water from the floor of the pool.
Please read the start-up guide carefully for instructions on filling and chemical treatment.
Both coats MUST be applied on the same day.
Solution with the following weber products
A cement-based, integrally coloured, waterproof finish.